- The New York Court of Appeals’ rejection of both statutory and constitutional challenges alleging that New York laws criminalizing assisted suicide statutes do not and may not apply to medical aid in dying.
- A major amendment to the Uniform Determination of Death Act that clarifies both which medical criteria are authoritative for determining death by neurological criteria and that clinicians do not need family consent to administer brain death tests.
- A statute that requires clinicians to obtain patient or surrogate consent before writing a facility-based DNR order.
- The passage of a new POLST statute in and the material expansion of another.
- An innovative statute that requires default surrogates to gather information about an incapacitated patient’s beliefs, values, and preferences before making a health care decision.
- The passage of another statute directing the creation of an electronic registry for health care directives.
- The passage of statutes in two more states that direct the formation of quality of care and palliative care task forces and that direct health departments to promote both professional and consumer palliative care education.
Home Unlabelled Right to Die - Top Legal Developments 2017
Kamis, 14 September 2017
Load disqus comments
Clapper, Patti Schweizer & Mason is a California mesothelioma regulation firm with over 30 years of achievement. Our legal professionals...
Baltimore has an extended history of asbestos in an expansion of job industries. In the mid Nineteen Seventies, right earlier than the Envir...
Situated alongside the Chesapeake Bay in Anne Arundel County, Annapolis has had a strong presence in the maritime industries for a multitude...
Jersey City, the second one largest city inside the state of New Jersey is a first-rate transportation and commercial distribution middle. S...
According to the Environmental Working Group (EWG), Wisconsin ranks sixteenth inside the state for the maximum asbestos-associated sicknesse...
Wisconsin, not exactly the state you would expect to consider legislation extending new rights to the terminally ill. And you would be mos...
Most lawsuits between families and clinicians concerning life-sustaining treatment are for injunctions. The family wants to keep the patient...
There are over 900 hospitals and scientific facilities inside the U.S. Which provide specialized mesothelioma treatments care to most cancer...
Asking whether a healthcare tool or intervention is "safe" almost always really means asking if it is "safe enough." Fi...